The Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers
I’ve got some exciting news to announce—I’m officially a part of the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers!
The Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers is a collaborative effort among sex toy review bloggers to uplift legitimate, ethical bloggers and stand up against the influx of garbage spam sex toy review blogs that have been popping up lately.
The alliance was formed after Adam at ObsessionRouge did a deep dive into the latest trend of “review” websites that aren’t actually reviewing, and are just manipulating SEO and generating avalanches of sludge content to get ahead in search engines. The result of this is that someone is out there writing articles like “BEST SEX TOY VIBRATOR 2021 FOR WOMEN!!! and “TOP TEN BUTT PLUGS FOR HUSBAND MEN!!!” and raking in that sweet, sweet money while the people who…actually care about providing honest, heartfelt, comprehensive sex toy reviews out of genuine enthusiasm and passion are dropping in search rankings because they’re putting effort into reviews instead of just slapping together keywords in the right order.
The problem is, because of manipulating SEO the way these blogs do, they’re starting to come up as the top result in searches for sex toy reviews. A lot of the time, these blogs haven’t even actually reviewed the products they’re writing about. For people out there searching for reliable information about if a certain sex toy is actually good or not, this fucking sucks. Review blogs are supposed to be a way to help other people make informed decisions—not just an easy way to make passive income.
So, in order to stand up to this problem, the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers was created to give readers a long list of blogs they can TRUST. Not just blogs that Google’s search engine analyzes to have “the best content.” All of the individual bloggers in this alliance are committed to uplifting each other, holding each other accountable, and providing genuine and trustworthy reviews.
All of the blogs in the Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers are committed to upholding the following standards:
- Blogs will only recommend body-safe products and safe, trustworthy stores.
- Content is written primarily to inform and entertain readers—not to make money. While myself and other bloggers in this alliance do make money from affiliate income, money is not the first priority. Instead, we are all genuinely passionate and enthusiastic about what we’re writing about, and truly want to provide a helpful resource to our readers.
- These blogs will write honest, authentic reviews.
- You can trust that we actually own the products we’re writing about! Members of the Alliance can demonstrate the products we’re recommending and reviewing are things we’ve actually interacted with in real life.
- Blogs in the Alliance are genuinely knowledgeable and aren’t just making up content, rewriting content from other blogs, or otherwise regurgitating existing external content.
- The diversity of gender is respected and sex toys aren’t gendered as “male” or “female.”
- ALL diversity is respected and celebrated—content or behavior that is hateful, discriminatory, or exclusionary is not permitted or tolerated within the Alliance.
- Blogs in the Alliance do not use questionable or unethical methods to grow their websites, gain traffic, build links, advertise, and make affiliate revenue.
The Alliance of Independent Sex Toy Testers List (in alphabetical order)
Last Updated 10/4/21: